A Github Analysis of the top 100 coins has been added to the report analytics. This overview shows the Github activity (in the form of commits) for coins (where available). In case there are multiple repositories for a project the “core” project is shown. The report shows:
- Latest commit – Shows the date of the latest commit
- 30 day commit – Shows the number of commits for the last 30 days
- Update – Shows the title of the latest commit
Below the overview for the top 100 largest coins. This overview will included in the bi-weekly report (for which you can subscribe under “Report subscribtion”)
A new report is available, which contains a new rss analysis of crypto related news websites. The table shows how much a coin or ticker is mentioned on a news website, and the average sentiment related to the news titles. Websites covered are:
Last week I got useful information in that Twitter also supports cashtags (eg $BTC, $ETH). Since this greatly reduces noise of non financial related tweets about coins (especially for generic term coins like Waves and Metal) I changed the code to look at cashtags. Results can be found below and will incorporated in the next report.
20171027 Social media valuations
A new report has been mailed and uploaded. Currently I am working on some usefull improvements which will be added soon.
Last few weeks I added social media valuations data to the report. This has now been updated to include the top 100 market cap coins. Find posts below for a detailed explanation. Below a link to most recent top 100, this will be included in the report which is emailed tomorrow.
20171024 Social media valuations
A new report is available. It shows correlations among large(r) cap coins are falling, BTC seems to be trailing the correlations index, could this imply BTC will show a decrease coming days?
Also I am currently working on an RSS reader to measure sentiment on the major Crypto news sites, will be continued.
A new report is available. The last page with valuation metrics has been updated with Google trends data. Google trends doesnt show absolute number of search results but relative popularity. In order to results comparable across different coins popularity relative to the searchterm “Cryptocurrency” is shown.
The report now also shows the top 25% highest (green) and 25% lowest (red) values in a column.
Below a short description of all current social media valuation metrics found in the report:
- Name – Name of the coin
- 7d(%) – 7 days return
- mkt cap – Market capitalization of the coin in mio $
- Google – Search popularity of coin relative to term “Cryptocurrency”)
- Reddit Subscr – number of subscribers to the coin subReddit
- Reddit Sentiment – Average sentiment of hot 25 post in subReddit (taken in to account up and downvotes)
- Twitter mnt day – Number of Twitter mentions with #coin (eg, #Bitcoin, #Ethereum) per coin
- Twitter pos tw – Average positive tweets (sentiment >0,5)
- Twitter rcp – Average number of recipients (Twitter mentions with more followers have more weight)
- Per $ – Here all metrics are scaled by market cap. This therefore shows all metrics per $ market cap
A new report is available, which now contains a regular Reddit analysis. The analysis shows the following:
- Subscr – Showing Reddit subscribers for a particular coins Subreddit
- Sentiment – A textual analysis of the top 25 hottest posts. This is then corrected for Up and Downvotes (giving more weight in case a post is upvoted many times)
A new report is available, including Twitter valuation metrics. These represent:
- mnt day – mentions per 1 USD market cap
- pos tw – positive tweets per 1 USD market cap
- rcp – recipients of tweets per 1 USD market cap (tweets that have more followers will have more weight).
Subscribe in the report section to receive the report first.
Google Trend data has been added to individual AltcoinAnalytics.com reports. Google Trend data shows relative popularity of a particular search term, for which in this case specific Altcoins have been used as Term. In order to make data comparable over time queries are done relative to a certain benchmark, in this case relative to the term “Altcoin”. See the results in the Monero report below.
20171007 Altcoinreport XMR